Political Campaign Job: Campaign Administrator
Employer: Working Families Party
Political Campaign Job Summary The Working Families Party and Working Families Organization are looking for dedicated progressives who share our passion for justice to fill multiple political campaign job positions, including Political Campaign Administrators.
The Political Campaign Administrator is responsible for maintaining the campaign headquarters and coordinating the administrative aspects of the campaign. They may need to manage staff, infrastructure, supplies, and a myriad of other details. This person needs to have a good overview of the entire campaign and the ability to solve problems as they arise.
Political Campaign Job Responsibilities
Working Families uses a disciplined, tested approach to run campaigns, drawing on research from the Analyst Institute and practices developed by Emily’s List and Wellstone Action. Our political campaign job positions give progressive candidates the edge they need to cross the finish line.
The Political Campaign Administrator is responsible for:
- Maintaining the campaign headquarters and coordinating the administrative aspects of the campaign
- Managing staff, infrastructure, supplies, and a myriad of other details.
Political Campaign Job Qualifications Good Candidates for Political Campaign Jobs will:
- Share a passion for racial, economic and social justice and have a genuine commitment to understanding how elections are won.
- Have a good overview of the entire campaign and the ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Have proficient oral and written communications skills.
- Collaborate and work well in a high stress, often unstructured, environment.
- If you are willing to relocate that is a big plus. We may have campaigns we’re hiring for in your city, but we may not. This will impact how quickly we can place you.
Political Campaign Job Pay and Benefits
- Some positions are independent contractor positions, and some are salaried positions. We offer healthcare and paid time off for employees, and portable benefits for independent contractors.
- Compensation varies from campaign to campaign, but entry level positions generally pay around $35k-$45k, while senior campaign positions are generally between $50k-$65k as calculated as an annual salary. Most positions are temporary, but can often lead to permanent positions with the WFP or one of our affiliates or elected office holders.
About Working Families Party
Working Families is a growing progressive political organization that fights for an economy that works for all of us, and a democracy in which every voice matters. We believe that our children’s life chances must not be determined at birth, and that America must be a nation that allows all its people to thrive.
Working Families is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the anti-oppression and inclusion principles. Women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.