Political Campaign Job: Finance Director
Employer: Working Families Party
Political Campaign Job Summary The Working Families Party and Working Families Organization are looking for dedicated progressives who share our passion for justice to fill political campaign jobs across the country.
The Political Campaign Finance Director is responsible for raising the money that will allow the campaign to accomplish its goals. The finance director works closely with the candidate, campaign manager and a finance committee to meet the financial goals of the campaign. They are in charge of keeping the candidate on track with fundraising, preparing for and staffing call time, and overseeing all fundraising events. A good fundraiser must be highly organized, outgoing and willing to push the candidate and campaign toward meeting their fundraising goals.
Political Campaign Job Responsibilities
Working Families uses a disciplined, tested approach to run campaigns, drawing on research from the Analyst Institute and practices developed by Emily’s List and Wellstone Action. Our political campaign job positions give progressive candidates the edge they need to cross the finish line.
Political Campaign Finance Director responsibilities include:
- Raising the money that will allow the campaign to accomplish its goals. W
- Work closely with the candidate, campaign manager and a finance committee to meet the financial goals of the campaign.
- Keep the candidate on track with fundraising
- Preparing for and staffing call time
- Overseeing all fundraising events
Political Campaign Job Qualifications Good Candidates for Political Campaign Organizer Jobs will:
- Share a passion for racial, economic and social justice and have a genuine commitment to understanding how elections are won
- Experienced in raising money
- Highly organized
- Willing to push the candidate and campaign toward meeting their fundraising goals
- Political campaign job experience a plus, but not required
Political Campaign Job Pay and Benefits
- Some positions are independent contractor positions, and some are salaried positions. We offer healthcare and paid time off for employees, and portable benefits for independent contractors.
- Compensation varies from campaign to campaign, but entry level positions generally pay around $35k-$45k, while senior campaign positions are generally between $50k-$65k as calculated as an annual salary. Most positions are temporary, but can often lead to permanent positions with the WFP or one of our affiliates or elected office holders.
About Working Families Party
Working Families is a growing progressive political organization that fights for an economy that works for all of us, and a democracy in which every voice matters. We believe that our children’s life chances must not be determined at birth, and that America must be a nation that allows all its people to thrive.
Working Families is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the anti-oppression and inclusion principles. Women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.