Political Campaign Job: Field Director
Employer: Working Families Party
Political Campaign Job Summary
The Working Families Party and Working Families Organization are looking for dedicated progressives who share our passion for justice to fill political campaign jobs across the country.We are hiring experienced campaign operatives to place on campaigns as Political Campaign Field Directors in political campaign jobs across the country to help elect the next generation of progressive leaders.
The Field Director oversees all of the grassroots activities of the campaign, including coalitions, get out the vote, absentee voter drives, voter registration efforts, and other field activities. In most larger campaigns, these activities are each assigned a staff member of their own. The Field Director must have superb organizational skills, be knowledgeable about campaign strategy, and be able to take on a lot of responsibility, especially as election day draws near.
Political Campaign Job Responsibilities
Working Families uses a disciplined, tested approach to run campaigns, drawing on research from the Analyst Institute and practices developed by Emily’s List and Wellstone Action. Our political campaign job positions give progressive candidates the edge they need to cross the finish line.
Field Directors in Political Campaign Jobs are generally responsible for the following:
Recruitment, Training, and Hiring
Field Canvass Management
- Ensuring that recruitment goals are achieved throughout the duration of the program
- Oversight of the complete interviewing process and retention of all successful field staff
- Ensuring the successful training and orientation of all field staff
- Providing field teams with the positive leadership culture, resources, guidance, and technical support required to succeed during each phase of the program while ensuring compliance with all campaign guidelines
- Promoting the continued development of field teams in their day-to-day duties and responsibilities over the course of the program
- Communicating all pertinent on-the-ground information
- Ensuring that field teams maintain accurate and reliable data
- Providing the Campaign Director with daily quantitative and qualitative reports as part of an ongoing evaluation of the program’s success
Political Campaign Job Qualifications
Good candidates for the Political Campaign Field Director position will:
- Share a passion for racial, economic and social justice and have a genuine commitment to understanding how elections are won.
- Have proficient oral and written communications skills.
- Collaborate and work well in a high stress, often unstructured, environment.
- Have previous campaign experience and/or training
- Superb organizational skills
- Knowledgeable about campaign strategy
- Able to take on a lot of responsibility, especially as election day draws near
- If you are willing to relocate that is a big plus. We may have campaigns we’re hiring for in your city, but we may not. This will impact how quickly we can place you.
- Previous political campaign job experience a plus, but not required.
Political Campaign Job Pay and Benefits
- Some positions are independent contractor positions, and some are salaried positions. We offer healthcare and paid time off for employees, and portable benefits for independent contractors.
- Compensation varies from campaign to campaign, but entry level positions generally pay around $35k-$45k, while senior campaign positions are generally between $50k-$65k as calculated as an annual salary. Most positions are temporary, but can often lead to permanent positions with the WFP or one of our affiliates or elected office holders.
About Working Families Party
Working Families is a growing progressive political organization that fights for an economy that works for all of us, and a democracy in which every voice matters. We believe that our children’s life chances must not be determined at birth, and that America must be a nation that allows all its people to thrive.
Working Families is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the anti-oppression and inclusion principles. Women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.