Political Campaign Job: Campaign Manager
Employer: Working Families Party
Political Campaign Job Summary The Working Families Party and Working Families Organization are looking for dedicated progressives who share our passion for justice.
The Political Campaign Director is responsible for all aspects of the campaign. Qualified Campaign Directors will have a basic understanding of election strategy, are comfortable delegating, have good organizational skills and are able to work well with the candidate. The Political Campaign Manager works in conjunction with the candidate and the entire team to develop the campaign strategy and coordinate all aspects of the organization, from fundraising to paid media to voter contact activities.
Political Campaign Job Responsibilities
Working Families uses a disciplined, tested approach to run campaigns, drawing on research from the Analyst Institute and practices developed by Emily’s List and Wellstone Action. We give progressive candidates the edge they need to cross the finish line.
Campaign Managers in Political Campaign Jobs are generally responsible for the following:
- CAMPAIGN START-UP & ORGANIZATION . The Campaign Manager will provide assistance to help ensure a successful campaign start-up. Given that there are countless details to get a campaign successfully up and running, tasks and assignments will vary broadly—from volunteer recruitment, to administrative and logistical tasks, staffing the Campaign Headquarters, managing campaign staff, and more.
- VOLUNTEER AND STAFF RECRUITMENT, TRAINING & MANAGMENT. The Campaign Manager will ensure successful volunteer recruitment occurs for voter contact purposes.
- VOTER CONTACT COORDINATION. The Campaign Manager will take responsibility for implementing the predetermined system for effective voter contact. S/he will drive/supervise/lead efforts to manage phone banks, door-to-door canvassing, and other direct voter contact efforts on behalf of the Campaign.
- TRACKING AND REPORTING. The Campaign Manager will drive the Campaign's voter contact tracking and reporting system to measure and report voter contact results to Campaign leaders accurately and promptly throughout the campaign.
- CREATING AND MAINTAINING A WINNING CAMPAIGN ENVIRONMENT. The Campaign Manager will make campaign success a top priority, ensuring a positive, upbeat, focused campaign environment. S/he will strive to be a role model for others to follow.
Political Campaign Job Qualifications Good Candidates for Political Campaign Jobs will:
- Share a passion for racial, economic and social justice and have a genuine commitment to understanding how elections are won.
- Have proficient oral and written communications skills.
- Collaborate and work well in a high stress, often unstructured, environment.
- Have previous campaign experience and/or training
- If you are willing to relocate that is a big plus. We may have campaigns we’re hiring for in your city, but we may not. This will impact how quickly we can place you.
Political Campaign Job Pay and Benefits
- Some positions are independent contractor positions, and some are salaried positions. We offer healthcare and paid time off for employees, and portable benefits for independent contractors.
- Compensation varies from campaign to campaign, but entry level positions generally pay around $35k-$45k, while senior campaign positions are generally between $50k-$65k as calculated as an annual salary. Most positions are temporary, but can often lead to permanent positions with the WFP or one of our affiliates or elected office holders.
About Working Families Party
Working Families is a growing progressive political organization that fights for an economy that works for all of us, and a democracy in which every voice matters. We believe that our children’s life chances must not be determined at birth, and that America must be a nation that allows all its people to thrive.
Working Families is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the anti-oppression and inclusion principles. Women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.