Internship: Social Media Marketing for Progressive Causes
Location: Washington, DC
Employer: Membership Drive
This social media marketing internship is an excellent opportunity for interns to learn social media tools and techniques and to explore breakthrough ways to help progressive non-profits build their teams, spread their message, and recruit members.
Social media marketing interns manage the twitter, facebook, and LinkedIn strategies for the Progressive Multiplier Fund
as well as Membership Drive
's work to promote job opportunities and campaign information for partners like People's Action
, Center for Popular Democracy
, Working Families Party
, and other groups.
In addition, social media marketing internships include a research project where interns learn how to automate and optimize social media strategies, helping our parnters reach greater scale.
Interns in the social media internship peform the following functions:
- Manage Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn profiles for Membership Drive and the Progressive Multiplier Fund;
- Research new tools and techniques to automate and scale social media reach;
- Work with the team on Search Engine Optimization and link building; and
- Find other creative ways to promote the jobs, volunteer opportunities, and causes of our partners.
Social media internship candidates should be:
- Hard workers;
- Committed to progressive causes;
- Familiar with social media tools;
- Able to demonstrate a track record of research and finding solutions to challenges; and
- Determined to find solutions.
Internship Pay and Benefits
- The internship is unpaid;
- The social media intership will help you build your skills and networks.
Membership Drive is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically disenfranchised populations are encouraged to apply.