Campaign Job- The Outreach Team DC
Location: Washington, DC
Employer: The Outreach Team
Campaign Job Summary The Outreach Team seeks Campaign Job/ Membership Engagement Staff to join us on the ground level to launch a new organization. Engagement staff will build membership and raise money for our non-profit partners and be on the forefront of piloting new technologies and techniques in grassroots organizing. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who seeks to create social change, revolutionize how non-profits raise money and win campaigns, and move up in both pay and position in a fast growing organization.
Campaign Job Responsibilities
Campaign Job responsibilities include:
- Make a Difference on Issues: Be on the front lines of some of the most critical social change movements in the country. Moreover, be part of a team where your voice, and your ideas, matter and make a difference. Join our team on the ground floor to contribute new ideas, test new methods of fundraising and mobilization, and help change how social change happens in DC.
- Raise Money: Membership Engagement Staff members are responsible for effectively and efficiently collecting contributions and donations for non-profit organizations through contacting supporters and soliciting donations. Donations from members are what allow us to build the budget and political power to help our clients win their campaigns. As one of our staff you raise awareness of the campaigns, build financial support for the campaign and open up an opportunity for our clients to hear feedback directly from our membership.
- Ensure Member Information Security: Ensure that all policies on information security are followed and that members’ information is secure at all times.
Campaign Job Qualifications
About you. You want to work somewhere that shares your values, rewards great work, provides you with a fast track to career advancement, and is open to new ideas. You'd love to work in a campaign job to make an impact. Above all else, you believe that when people come together, we can change the course of history. The best part of your day is working with people. You have a passion for non-profits and a heightened entrepreneurial spirit. You want to get in on the ground floor of a dynamic company who is changing social change. More specifically, you:
- Have strong communication skills, a good work ethic, and can walk or bike for long periods of time.
- Are able to work within a team, receive feedback, and adapt to rapidly changing political landscapes.
- Preferred previous canvassing, sales, non-profit, customer service or political campaign experience.
- Bilingual is a plus.
Campaign Job Pay and Benefits
- $15 to $17 per hour
- Health care after three months
About The Outreach Team
The Outreach Team is a start-up created by Clayt Freed and Sasha Rosen, grassroots organizers with more than three decades of experience and success under their belts. We build, evaluate, and perfect scalable models for progressive groups to advance today’s critical issues from clean energy to gay rights. We work in a fast-paced and fun environment with a network of non-profit partners across the country.
The Outreach Team is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, LGBT individuals, and women.