Charity Fundraising Job – Retail (Grand Rapids)
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Fundraising Job Summary
A better world starts with you!
Make a difference as we work together advocating and raising vital funds for incredible charities. Donorworx’s culture and values are truly what makes our organization an inspiring and rewarding place to work. We are a diverse group of World Changers who share an inspiring vision “to be a voice of change and ignite action in others.”
A career at Donorworx offers you:
- A chance to gain experience working on behalf of incredible and well-known charities
- A contagious team spirit and collaborative work environment
- Ongoing training and support to help you develop fundraising skills
- Plenty of opportunities for progression and to build your career
- A culture of diversity and inclusion
Fundraising Job Responsibilities
- Attend morning meeting at the Grand Rapids Fundraising Office Monday to Friday.
- Initiate inspiring conversations with the public at a charity-branded kiosk
- Secure monthly/annual donations on behalf of renowned nonprofit organizations.
- Utilize your interpersonal skills to actively engage and have meaningful conversations.
- Face objections and turn them into positive discussions.
- Strive to achieve campaign goals by maximizing performance and motivating the team.
Fundraising Job Qualifications
- Experience working face to face with the public (ex. Sales Representative, Marketing, Promotions or Fundraising Events).
- Results driven attitude.
- A desire to work as a team towards a common goal.
- Persevere when faced with a challenge.
- Education/Training related to sales, communications, and/or humanities an asset.
- Bachelor Degree in a related field is a plus.
- A positive, professional attitude that inspires others.
- Team oriented.
- Professional verbal communication skills.
- Strong decision-making and sense of judgment.
- Energetic personality determined to make a difference.
- An engaging storyteller with a passion for humanitarian causes.
- Goal oriented.
Fundraising Job Pay and Benefits
- Hourly wage of $12 plus performance bonus. Full-Time positions available.
Donorworx is a full-service face-to-face fundraising agency that takes pride in growing your monthly donor database and raising money for the causes we believe in. We recruit engaged and passionate donors who will stick around for the long-term. Our guaranteed, low-cost acquisition program delivers a fast return on investment.
We are a fundraising team of strategists, client service specialists, designers, developers, marketers and World Changers. We make it our mission to be the highest quality global provider of face-to-face fundraising solutions at the lowest cost to our non-profit clients.
donorworx is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to maintaining inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted in relation to this or any other job opportunity or testing, please advise a representative in a timely manner of the accommodation measures which are required in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. All information received relating to accommodation measures will remain confidential. Please note that we will not automatically consult accommodation requests from prior selection processes.