Environmental Job: Community Organizer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Environmental Job Summary
Begin your non-profit career and develop your professional skills on environmental activist campaigns. We are seeking a professional community activist to encourage citizen participation through fundraising, membership recruitment, public education, and constituent letter-writing campaigns. We need sustainable, accountable-to-the-public agencies, policies and laws! Help us win for transparency, public health, and making democracy work.
Environmental Job Responsibilities
Environmental job responsibilities: develop grassroots support on the following campaigns:
- Regulations and transparency in the fracking (hydraulic fracturing) industry
- Protection of rivers, lakes, and streams from industrial pollution
- Ensure that all Philadelphia oil trains have adequate safety standards.
- Get the best candidates for the environment put in office
Environmental Job Qualifications
Environmental job qualifications include:
- Entry Level
- Commitment to environmental and social justice
- Strong communication skills, especially one-on-one interactions
- Team-oriented attitude.
- Able to work at least 2 days a week M-F 4:30pm-9:30pm
- Knowledge-base on environmental issues preferred.
Environmental Job Pay and Benefits
- $400-500 PER WEEK.
- Paid training
- Outstanding benefits package available to permanent employees (includes paid health and dental insurance, life insurance, 401k plan, 2-3 weeks paid annual vacation and holiday sick leave.)
- Salaried outreach management positions available within 2-3 months, based on performance and commitment
- Excellent management training program
- Opportunities for travel and relocation throughout the U.S.!
- All new employees receive extensive training and continuing support on sustainability initiatives, communication, and campaign organizing.
Clean Water Action organizes strong grassroots groups and coalitions, and campaigns to elect environmental candidates and to solve environmental and community problems.