Campaign Jobs Work on behalf of Amnesty USA - Washington DC
Location: Washington, DC
Canvassing Job Summary
Grassroots Team is a progressive company that works with nonprofit organizations such as Amnesty International to run grassroots campaigns for human rights nationwide. Canvassing jobs in our Washington, DC office are focused on building the political and financial base to end family separation and fight for human rights.
We are seeking canvassing job staff to join our Washington, DC team working on behalf of the nation’s largest human rights organization. Our team members:
- Make a Difference on Human Rights and At Work: Campaign jobs staff are on the front lines of the fight against family separation and for human rights globally. On our team, your voice and your ideas matter and make a real difference. Join our team on the ground floor to contribute new ideas, test new methods of fundraising and mobilization, and drive meaningful social change.
- Raise Money: Team members are responsible for effectively and efficiently collecting contributions and signing up new members to the nation's largest human rights organization. Donations from members are what allow our partners build the budget and political power to win their campaigns.
- Ensure Member Information Security: Ensure that all policies on information security are followed and that members’ information is secure at all times.
About you. You want to work somewhere that shares your values, rewards great work, provides you with a fast track to career advancement, and is open to new ideas. You'd love to work in a campaign job to make an impact. Above all else, you believe that when people come together, we can change the course of history. The best part of your day is working with people. You have a passion for non-profits and a heightened entrepreneurial spirit. You want to get in on the ground floor of a dynamic company who is changing social change. More specifically, you:
- Have strong communication skills, a good work ethic, and a passion for human rights
- Are able to work within a team, receive feedback, and work independently
- Previous canvassing, sales, non-profit, customer service, or political campaign experience preferred but not required
- Must be willing and able to approach members of the public at their place of residence in a fast paced environment, and cover a large territory each day
- Must be able to meet weekly and monthly fundraising standards and quotas
- Are comfortable walking for long periods of time
- Bilingual is a plus
Growth Opportunities: Grassroots Team is quickly expanding, we are preparing to open more offices in the fall. We currently have various leadership positions available with opportunities to advance to field management or field director after demonstrating success as a canvasser.
Pay and Benefits
- $17.00 to $21.00 depending on location, level of experience, and advancement
- Generous uncapped performance-based bonuses
- Medical coverage (after 90 days)
- Paid time off for sick, vacation, and personal leave (after 20 shifts)
Grassroots Team is the community mobilization organization for progressive groups like Amnesty International. We raise public consciousness and funds in the fight for immigrant rights, and a healthy environment, and thriving economy that includes everyone.
Grassroots Team is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, women, and individuals with disabilities.