Regional Director - National
Canvassing Job Summary
Grassroots Team is a ground-breaking progressive company that is working to build power for the best organizations and movements in the world today. We work on behalf of incredible groups such as Amnesty International, Southern Poverty Law Center, and People For the American Way.
We engage community members in the thousands every day on their doorsteps and in the public with the determination to activate them in ways that never knew that they could get involved.
Regional Directors are the top managers and leaders in a regional area and work as part of a national leadership team for Grassroots Team. They work to help create, and enforce Grassroots Team policies, drive performance through office leadership teams, and develop future Canvass Directors from the Field Managers and Coaches in their region. Regional Directors are a top contributor to the growth of Grassroots Team, and motivate with both short and long term goals in mind.
We are seeking a Regional Director to join our team working on behalf of our incredible campaigns. Our RDs:
- Manage and Develop Leaders: Oversee day-to-day operations of 5-6 canvass offices throughout their geographic region. Advise and train Canvass Directors to lead, manage and train their office and hold them accountable to their monthly budgeted goals.
- Analyze KPIs and Set Strategy: Use data-driven analysis to set office specific strategy. Facilitate weekly planning meetings with directors and conduct brief check-ins daily to delegate responsibility and ensure strategy is implemented region wide. Advise and coach directors on personnel decisions.
- Drive Performance and Results: Through thorough coaching and management of Canvass Directors, Region must meet and exceed budgeted sustainer goals, staffing, and standards of retention.
- Submit Daily, Weekly & Monthly Reports: Report your region’s progress on budgeted goals to the National Director weekly and monthly, then provide analysis.
- Conduct Site Visits: Travel to 2 offices in your region monthly (up to 60%) to work with Directors and Staff. Develop and facilitate office-wide and regional trainings, observe and train staff in the field, and canvass for two whole shifts while on site.
Required Qualifications: Our ideal candidate has:
- Strong communication skills, a good work ethic, and a passion for human rights
- Must be a self-starter, be positive and proactive and all times and able to motivate large teams and regions
- Must be able to manage a region wide budget and meet and exceed budgeted regional fundraising goals weekly and monthly
- Able to receive feedback and direction from ND, and work independently.
- 1-2 years of experience as a Canvass Director consistently exceeding staffing, membership and financial expectations and goals
- Willing and able to travel frequently throughout assigned region
- Willing and able to cover basic office expenses
- Able to manage a regional budget and exceed budgeted goals
Pay and Benefits
Compensation and Benefits:
- $65,000-$75,000 starting salary annually depending on experience plus monthly bonuses based on performance
- Medical coverage (after 90 days)
- Paid time off for sick, vacation, and personal leave (after 20 shifts)
Grassroots Team is the community mobilization organization for progressive groups like Amnesty International. We raise public consciousness and funds in the fight for immigrant rights, and a healthy environment, and thriving economy that includes everyone.
Grassroots Team is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, women, and individuals with disabilities.