You will be doing grassroots fundraising in the streets to support some of our biggest campaigns: to end overdose in across New York; close Riker’s Island and end cash bail, win an anti-homelessness plan to re-house the over 63,000 New Yorkers living in shelters.
Our canvass team will be responsible for educating the public and raising money for our organization (a non-profit), as well as, getting supporters engaged and excited for a positive future for communities across New York. All activist job applicants should be comfortable raising money and working outside for 6 hours a day. We are hiring for part-time positions.
Being outdoors for 6hrs a day
Attaining Monthly donations for VOCAL-NY
Maintaining a daily/weekly quota
* Commitment to social justice!
* Strong customer service, client building skills and face-to-face communication skills.
* Ability to stand on your feet for periods of time.
* Ability to work in a team.
* Eligible to work in the United States.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary:$15.00 / hour
Potential for promotion
Direct training provided