Canvass Director/Campaign Manager- San Diego
Location: San Diego, CA
Campaign Manager Summary
The Outreach Team seeks Canvass Directors and Field Directors to join us on the ground level to launch new campaigns in Spring 2019. Canvass Directors and Field Directors will run a grassroots field team to build membership and raise money for our non-profit partners, build and develop a team of talented canvassers, and be on the forefront of piloting new technologies and techniques in grassroots fundraising. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who seeks to create social change, revolutionize how non-profits raise money and win campaigns, and move up in both pay and position in a fast growing organization.
Campaign Manager Responsibilities
|Canvass Director/Campaign Manager responsibilities include:
- Recruit and Develop Leaders: Build a team of 20+ canvassers by conducting outreach, interviewing prospective staff, making hiring and firing decisions, and developing the next generation of managers and leaders to support your team;
- Make a Difference on Issues: Be on the front lines of some of the most critical social change movements in the country. Moreover, be part of a team where your voice and your ideas matter. Join our team on the ground floor to contribute new ideas, test new methods of fundraising and mobilization, and help change how social change happens in America;
- Manage Staff: Train staff in grassroots fundraising and campaign skills. Work with your staff in individual and group settings, with a particular eye towards developing leaders. Cultivate a welcoming, inclusive, and motivating atmosphere;
- Raise Money: Meet your office fundraising objectives and canvass in the field as needed to train new and experienced staff and meet personal and office fundraising requirements;
- Ensure Member Information Security: Ensure that all policies on information security are followed and that members’ information is secure at all times; and
- Use Data Driven Analytics to Improve Strategies: Carefully track income and expenses to manage a budget. Analyze performance and set strategy. Test new technologies to streamline face-to-face fundraising.
Campaign Manager Qualifications
About you. You want to work somewhere that shares your values, rewards great work, provides you with a fast track to career advancement, and is open to new ideas. Above all else, you believe that when people come together, we can change the course of history. You love developing leaders, raising money, and training. The best part of your day is working with people. You have a passion for non-profits and a heightened entrepreneurial spirit. You want to get in on the ground floor of a dynamic company who is changing social change. More specifically, you:
- Have organizing or leadership experience: You see yourself as a leader and have proven it. You have worked with other non-profits as a campaign manager or an organizer either in a paid position or on a volunteer basis. You might have been the leader of an organization in college. You are eager to use your leadership skills and experience in your career.
- Have excellent time-management skills and are personally organized: This is a position that requires the management of lots of people, money, and sensitive information. You are a person that prides yourself on being able to keep those things in order and maintain a tight ship.
- Like to work hard: The issues we’re working to address are bigger than any single person could solve in a week’s work. You recognize that and are willing to do what it takes to hit your goals.
- Willing To Relocate: We are looking for people who are ready to launch new offices in Tampa Bay, FL, New Orleans, LA, and Sacramento, CA
- Please submit cover letter with your resume
Campaign Manager Pay and Benefits
The Outreach Team is a progressive company working to make the world a better place. We go about this a few ways:
- We raise money for good groups so they can do more great work.
- We treat our staff well by providing unparalleled training and professional development, living wages, and great health care and other benefits.
We combine talented, mission-driven people and cutting-edge technology with some of the most innovative fundraising and grassroots organizing strategies. And we get results for our partner groups.
The Outreach Team is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, LGBT individuals, women, and individuals with disabilities.