Canvass Director in Training - Multiple Locations
Campaign Manager Summary
We are seeking Canvass Directors to join us working on behalf of our campaigns.
Grassroots Team is a ground-breaking progressive company that is working to build power for the best organizations and movements in the world today. We work on behalf of incredible groups such as Amnesty International and Humane Society.
We engage community members in the thousands every day on their doorsteps and in the public with the determination to activate them in ways that never knew that they could get involved.
Canvass Director is the top leader leading and managing teams, field managers, and coaches in the canvassing operation for Grassroots Team.
Our Canvass Directors:
- Recruit and Develop Leaders: Build a team of 20+ staff by developing the next generation of leaders to help support your team.
- Manage Staff: Train staff in grassroots campaign and fundraising skills. Work with your staff in individual and group settings, with a particular eye towards developing leaders. Cultivate a welcoming, inclusive and motivating atmosphere.
- Use Data Driven Analytics to Improve Strategies: Carefully track income and expenses to manage a budget; Analyze performance and set strategy; Develop and set turf strategies and manage where teams fundraise each day; Test new technologies to streamline membership engagement.
- Raise Money: Meet and exceed your office fundraising objectives and lead from the front—canvassing in the field to train new and experienced staff and meet personal and office fundraising requirements.
- Make a Difference on Issues: Be on the front lines of some of the most critical social change movements in the country.
- Contribute new ideas, test new methods of fundraising and mobilization, and help change how social change happens in America.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Strong communication skills, a good work ethic, and a passion for human rights, animal rights, and progressive causes.
- Must be a self-starter, be positive and proactive at all times and able to motivate large teams and offices
- Must be able to work with Regional Director to manage an office wide budget and meet and exceed budgeted fundraising goals weekly and monthly
- Are able to lead a team, receive feedback and direction from Regional Directors, and work independently.
- Are results driven and committed to hitting goals and deadlines.
- Previous campaign management, leadership, sales, non-profit or political campaign experience preferred but not required
- Must be willing and able to approach members of the public at their place of residence
- Must be able to exceed weekly and monthly fundraising standards and quotas
- Are comfortable walking for long periods of time (2-5 miles per day)
- Must be geo-flexible
Pay and Benefits
- Position begins with a 4-6 week training and trial period and for that period is paid at our local hourly rate.
- $59,000 to $63,000 annually plus potential to earn performance-based bonuses (DOL) after completion of training and trial period.
- Medical coverage (after 90 days)
- Paid time off for sick, vacation, and personal leave (after 20 shifts)
Due to Coronavirus/COVID-19, and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Grassroots Team will be conducting interviews over the phone, and video calls. Please submit your application, and we will be in touch about further interviews.
Grassroots Team is quickly expanding, we are preparing to open more offices in the fall and in 2021. We currently have various leadership positions available with opportunities to advance to Field Manager, Coach, Canvass Director, and Regional Director.
Grassroots Team currently has offices in Washington, DC, Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Seattle, WA, San Diego, CA and will reopen in the near future in Los Angeles, CA, Sacramento, CA, New Orleans, LA, Tampa, FL.
Grassroots Team is the community mobilization organization for progressive groups like Amnesty International and the Humane Society of the United States. We raise public consciousness and funds in the fight for immigrant rights, and a healthy environment, and thriving economy that includes everyone.
Grassroots Team is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, women, and individuals with disabilities.