Campaign Job / Membership Engagement (Chicago)
Location: Chicago, IL
Campaign Job SummaryThe Outreach Team seeks Campaign Job/ Membership Engagement Staff to join us on the ground level to
engage members of the public on important issues like human rights. Engagement staff will canvass in neighborhoods throughout the area, build membership, and raise money for our non-profit partners like Amnesty International and be on the forefront of piloting new technologies and techniques in canvassing and grassroots organizing. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who seeks to create social change, revolutionize how non-profits raise money and win campaigns, and move up in both pay and position in a fast growing organization
Campaign Job Responsibilities
Campaign Job responsibilities include:
- Make a Difference on Issues: Be on the front lines of some of the most critical social change movements in the country. Moreover, be part of a team where your voice, and your ideas, matter and make a difference. Join our team on the ground floor to contribute new ideas, test new methods of fundraising and mobilization, and help change how social change happens in
- Raise Money: Membership Engagement Staff members are responsible for effectively and efficiently collecting contributions and donations for non-profit organizations through contacting supporters and soliciting donations. Donations from members are what allow us to build the budget and political power to help our clients win their campaigns. As one of our staff you raise awareness of the campaigns, build financial support for the campaign and open up an opportunity for our clients to hear feedback directly from our membership
- Ensure Member Information Security: Ensure that all policies on information security are followed and that members’ information is secure at all times.
Campaign Job Qualifications
About you. You want to work somewhere that shares your values, rewards great work, provides you with a fast track to career advancement, and is open to new ideas. You'd love to work in a campaign job to make an impact. Above all else, you believe that when people come together, we can change the course of history. The best part of your day is working with people. You have a passion for non-profits and a heightened entrepreneurial spirit. You want to get in on the ground floor of a dynamic company who is changing social change. More specifically, you:
- Have strong communication skills, a good work ethic, and can walk or bike for long periods of time.
- Are able to work within a team, receive feedback, and adapt to rapidly changing political landscapes.
- Preferred previous canvassing, sales, non-profit, customer service or political campaign experience.
- Must be willing and able to approach members of the public at their place of residence or on the street in a fast paced environment, and cover a large territory each day.
- Must be able to meet weekly and monthly fundraising standards and quotas
- Bilingual is a plus.
Campaign Job Pay and Benefits
- $15 to $17 per hour
- Health care after three months
The Outreach Team is an exciting, progressive company dedicated to delivering high quality results for some of the best groups in the world today . We build, evaluate, and perfect scalable models to advance today’s critical issues from human rights to child poverty. We work in a fast-paced and fun environment with a network of non-profit partners across the country.
The Outreach Team is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, women, and individuals with disabilities.