Campaign Job: Community Organizer (Philadelphia)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Campaign Job Summary
Begin your non-profit career and develop your professional skills in an environmental campaign job. We are seeking a professional community activist to encourage citizen participation through fundraising, membership recruitment, public education, and constituent letter-writing campaigns. We need sustainable, accountable-to-the-public agencies, policies and laws! Help us win for transparency, public health, and making democracy work.
Campaign Job Responsibilities include:
- Promote action on progressive issues to influence national, state, and local decision makers.
- Provide communication with people that is independent of the mass media
- Recruit members by collecting signatures and contact info.
- Raise funds to support our research, lobbying and educational campaigns
- Identify and activate individuals who wish to participate in other activities, including letter writing, attending meetings, volunteer time, turning out the vote, etc.
Ideal campaign job candidates possess strong communication skills and a genuine commitment to the environment, progressive politics and the empowerment of our fellow Americans. All staff receive competitive pay and paid training.
Pay and Benefits
- $400-500 PER WEEK.
- Paid training
- Outstanding benefits package available to permanent employees (includes paid health and dental insurance, life insurance, 401k plan, 2-3 weeks paid annual vacation and holiday sick leave.)
- Salaried outreach management positions available within 2-3 months, based on performance and commitment
- Excellent management training program
- Opportunities for travel and relocation throughout the U.S.!
All new employees receive extensive training and continuing support on sustainability initiatives, communication, and campaign organizing.
Clean Water Action organizes strong grassroots groups and coalitions, and campaigns to elect environmental candidates and to solve environmental and community problems.